Sunday 30 August 2015

Final Training Block - Day 4

Heavy overnight rain meant a cool start - nice!  Have some serious issues with my undercarriage at the moment, enough to ruin my day. If you've not ridden a tredley for 100kms with an abscess, you really should try sometime.  According to the bride, it couldn't possibly be worse than child birth. She may be right, but that's what drugs are for.  Besides, I'm only a boy.

Anyway, decided to go via the Sunshine Coast marathon which was on this morning, any excuse to get off my bike. Picked my way through the traffic and the people at Alex Heads and then came back up the coast the back way behind Buderim.  Rested the backside for couple of hours and then did a shortish ride to make up the kilometres to 100. So that's 400 km in four days, the legs feel OK.  Off to the doctor tomorrow to get some prescription antibiotic cream and if they'll give them to me, some royds. I hear they work wonders!

Below is a picture of 10 days food, that we will be dropping off on the way up to Lake Eyre. All the major food groups of there - biscuits, chips, lollies,  tinned meat and port - what more could you want!

Sunshine Coast Marathon

Sunshine Coast Marathon


10 days food. To be wrapped in chicken wire and dropped along the way






No comments:

Post a Comment