Thursday 27 August 2015

Final Training Block - Day 1

This is my final training block for the Salt to Summit.  I've done a bit over 12,500 kms in total training, no wonder my arse hurts! Still too fat though, how can that be?

My plan was to do a 4 day, 3 night, 400km tour out West, but the forecast here is lousy.  As I'm writing this, it is pissing down, glad I'm not lying in a tent somewhere.

So what I've decided to do is two 100km day trips and then an overnighter on the weekend, when the weather improves.

Today, I rode down to Caboolture.  I've just come off a recovery week and felt a million bucks. Beat my best ever time to Caboolture on MTB by 10 minutes.  Then caught the train back to Woombye and a leisurely ride back to the coast. Total distance 100kms in a bit over 4 hours.



Tomorrow is thru the Sunshine Coast hinterland - Landsborough, Mooloola, Eudlo, Palmwoods. Some of the best cycling roads around.

Dull morning on Maroochy River




Catch train back from Caboolture to Woonbye


No comments:

Post a Comment